Rockin’ Vans allows people to hire a unique luxury camper-van for their road trip. The site was designed to reflect the fun, outgoing, adventurous nature of their business.
I worked with another developer on this project so my role was to design and build the bespoke booking system.
- Sass with Susy
- Gulp JS
- Sage Pay integration
Vans can be configured individually, such as:
- The deposit required, as a percentage, and the minimum deposit amount.
- The available extras.
- The minimum and maximum amount of time, if any, that the van can be booked for.
- And more
- Such as bikes, camping chairs & tables and more.
- They can optionally have an image & desciption.
- They can optionally have sub-options — bikes for example could be adult budget, adult premium, child budget and child premium each with their own price
- The pricing method can be configured such as per booking, per day, per person and per person per day.
- Configurable booking seasons — any number of seasons with a configurable start and end date.
Fully customisable pricing
- Pricing per season per van type.
- Price breaks — for example bookings from 0–96 hours (4 days) for “VW Camper” could be £100 per night, but bookings over that could be £95 per night. Any number of price breaks can be added.
- Promo codes
- Customers can optionally pay the full amount immediately instead of the deposit.
- Customers can collect and return the van at a location of their choice which may have an associated cost.
- Customers can choose early collection and late drop-off at a higher cost.
- Admins can set what the standard collection and drop-off times are, and what the early collection and drop-off times are as well as the cost.
- Email reminders to the customer that the outstanding balance is due at set periods as the booking start date approaches.
- Emails to the admins if an outstanding balance has gone unpaid by the due date.
- Admins can add notes to their booking calendar for notable events and dates.
- Admins can fully manage and edit bookings.
- Admins can add slots where one or more vans are unavailable, due to maintenance for example.
- Admins can take bookings over the phone and make any bookings they like without the same restrictions as a normal user of the site — such as minimum booking lengths.
- Admins can manually adjust the price during the booking process. This allows them to be on the phone making a manual booking with a customer and offer them a deal. They can also manually adjust the price if the customer has already made a booking themselves, for example if they wanted to cancel the booking they could make them an offer.